Chief’s Update – January 24, 2011
Dear Tempe Police Employees,
The 100 Club continues to provide generous support to police officers and firefighters who have been seriously injured in the line of duty, as well as giving assistance to the families of those who have lost their lives while in the service of our community.
We have been asked to participate again this year in an upcoming “Tips for Heroes” fundraiser.
100 Club Fundraiser
“Tips for Heroes”
Monday, January 31, 2011
5:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Ruby Tuesday @ Tempe Marketplace, 27 S. McClintock
How can you help?
• RSVP to be a volunteer server, dressed in uniform, at Ruby Tuesday on Monday, January 31, anytime between 5:00 – 10:00 p.m.
• If you are unable to personally wait tables, you and your family and friends can make a reservation at the Ruby Tuesday at Tempe Marketplace for Monday, January 31, 2011. (Please see attached flyer).
• Officers will not be serving alcohol or entering the kitchen
• All of the tips collected that night will be donated to the 100 Club.
• Last year the event raised $8,500 and this year the goal is $15,000.
Our DUI van and other Tempe police vehicles will be staged at the event to provide a visible demonstration of our support.
The 100 Club, www.100club.org, provides outstanding service during the worst of times for injured officers and their families from across the nation and right here at home. Your support of their efforts is greatly appreciated.